Monday, April 28, 2008

Paging Doctor God!

Dear God,

I'm sure you're pretty busy playing craps with the universe and all, but I need to ask for your attention on a very important matter. See, there are some people on our humble little planet under the impression that you hold a medical degree. Now, I know you're all-powerful and stuff. After all, you created the planet a few thousand years ago, and there is some evidence you have a bit of a brutal temper, but nowhere on your credentials did I see you attended a reputable medical school. Granted, your son had some healing experience, but he seemed to deal mainly with lepers and resurrecting the dead, so he's a little limited.

Knowing this, why is it there are so many human beings allowing their children to die of curable illnesses under the belief that you and only you can heal them? I read of a Wisconson family who let their eleven year old daughter die of diabetes because they had faith that God running through her veins would serve as sufficient insulin. Not too long before that, a 15 month old girl died from a common bronchial infection because her parents were more comfortable setting up camp in the Lord's waiting room rather than one here on the earthly plane.

Now, I could be mistaken. Maybe you do have a medical agree, but I don't recall reading the part of the Bible that said it was your job to heal every sick person on the planet. Silly me, but seeing as how millions of people die every day, I just figured family practice wasn't high on your list of priorities and that to get by this problem, you made a few of the human beings on this planet smart enough so they could treat the sick.

The only thing I really notice is that the world is chock full of ignorant, arrogant assholes who think that they are special enough to receive the Lord's special healing tonic before the glut of otherwise decent folks who wither away from stupid diseases on a daily basis. Don't they realize that with 6 billion people on this planet, you're kinda busy? But what makes this most egregious is that these freaks aren't even acting on their own behalves. It would be easy enough to shrug off such fanaticism if they were using their own lives as the chips, but they're allowing their children to die for their dogma, and this is appalling.

I read a few stories about your intolerance for bullshit. Does Sodom and Gomorrah ring a bell? You also flooded the whole planet to wash away the idiots, for the love of You! Isn't there something you can do about these negligent, child-killing assholes? I mean, I know you haven't really done a whole lot about the other evil bastards plaguing this planet. Dick Cheney is a prime example. But there has to be something you can do here. These people are not only too stupid to live, but they're totally wrecking your reputation!

I know you've probably chilled out from the days of antiquity, but I think you've got some good old fire and brimstone left in you, and it's been a long time since you've done a major clean-up operation around here. These people seem like a great place to start.

Blasphemously Yours,
Allie

4 comments:

  1. Not that I support children dying, because that would be wrong...

    ...but...

    There MUST be a God, because He is, in His own inimitable way, preventing these morons from passing along their defective DNA and idiotic beliefs along to subsequent generations.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting way of looking at it... Ken also mentioned it being something like Darwin at work. It is only my hope that these assholes don't reproduce anymore or that they themselves contract a deadly illness that they don't see fit to treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Allie, this is Nate Smith from "Nate is a Blog." I just wanted to let you know that I am writing again! YAY! I'm not able to write on a daily basis, but I am managing to get to my blog weekly (sometimes more!). My new site is http://natesmithcomedy.com, but I will also be updating http://nateisablog.blogspot.com. And, if you've joined the twitter craze, you can get instant updates at http://twitter.com/natesmithcomedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allie: Drop by my new digs for a drink.

    ReplyDelete